ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS) dictates management responsibility in terms of leadership, structure and resources, and establishment of quality policy for the entire health care quality system to improve quality of care and enhances patient safety. Health Oasis Hospital, the first long term health care facility in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was accredited by the ISO 9001:2008 (QEC certification) in April 2013 in its first quest in improving the health care delivery system of the hospital.
- 1. Continuous quality improvement and patient safety
- 2. Improvement of services that caters what clients' needs
- 3. Enhance staff training and development
- 4. Enhances patient understanding and acknowledges ethical issues such as confidentiality, privacy, security, communications in regard to consents and orders (such as admission and discharge) and formally agrees with any contracts affecting his or her rights as a patient.
- 5. Provision of "individualized, planned patient care in the setting that most appropriately supports the patients' needs."