The Physiotherapy Department in a Long-Term-Care facility assists the residents and families during the phase of recovery and/or palliative care from an illness or injury by providing safe care that maximizes the resident’s abilities and reduces the risk for further injuries through a multi-disciplinary approach and management with the use of physical modalities and exercises.
Physiotherapy offer services to all residents with various diseases / conditions that are caused by chronic illness, disabilities brought by injuries such as post-motor vehicular accidents, stroke, brain and spinal cord injury and all age related conditions
Physiotherapy aims to:
- Improve, restore of resident’s function and maintenance of maximum performance within the resident’s capabilities.
- Apply / provide the standards that we plan to achieve, to give quality care to the residents.
- Educate residents and families methods and techniques to allow them to continue their recovery.
- Promote the importance of training to prevent further injuries from occurring in the future.
- Make /train the residents to be independent or partially independent on all aspects of activates of daily live to improve the quality of live.
- Adult and Pediatric Long Term Care Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Medical and Surgical Rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Exercise therapy
Physical Therapy Department is equipped with:
- Electrotherapy equipment’s: (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) machine, Ultrasound, Infrared, Shortwave Diathermy (SWD) and Microwave Diathermy (MWD))
- Hot Moist Pack
- Therapeutic Gym